Home school room project

We knew we were homeschooling in April of 2016. We have a 3 bedroom house with 3 boys (age 3, 6, and 10).  The best thing we could think of was to convert the baby room into a school room and move all 3 boys into one room. I was not about to loose my dining table to homeschooling...1300 sq ft can only fit so much. This would require a much needed shopping trip to IKEA! Yay! Finally a reason to go. Having been a teacher for 15 plus years, I knew I had to have a room dedicated to schooling in order to do it right, or at least feel good about it.
So it happened.

First we shopped online to fined what products we thought would best fit our needs and our house (not to mention our budget). Once we realized we would need to see the pieces in person, we planned a trip to Atlanta (without kids). What a wonderful EXPERIENCE!


After 6 hours in the store, we left with 2 corner units and chairs, a trundle bed (to move the 3rd child into the room with a bunk bed, and a multitude of other things.

Then we painted.

A year later and I am still happy with the results. Each of my boys have a place to call their own. There is a place for everything, so we don't have to clear off the dining table every time we need to eat.
Next school year we will be adding K4, so we might be sticking a tiny desk in there somewhere. But all in all, it has helped to make my first year of home school a pretty decent experience.




It has become one of our favorite rooms in the house!


Thanks for reading! I hope I have been able to encourage you in some way. Home school is not for everyone, but I can finally say, I am glad it was the path we chose.





Comments

  1. I agree with you, I think having a designated place to homeschook made all the difference for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment